Monday, November 17, 2008

Ode to Twilight....

Don't deny it, you are just as obsessed as I am! A couple of months ago, the 4th and final book of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, came out. I woke up early, dragging my hubby and 2 kids to Barnes and Noble to pick up my bracelet. This magical bracelet would effectively hold my place in line as one of the first to obtain the final book in this riveting series. We got to the store where, later that evening, I would be spending the last minutes leading to midnight awaiting the release of Breaking Dawn, and vying for my spot in line in front of over 800 screaming fans.I stayed up all night devouring the book, so to speak, and finished it in a little over 24 hours. That is with very minimal sleep and the help of my amazing hubby who took 100% kid responsibility. Not only during the undertaking of this crazy mission of mine, but the day before (so I would be well rested) - and the day after (so I could function). I LOVE YOU LUKE!

Weeks ago I purchased tickets for the midnight release of the movie, what is it about Edward that always has me running around in the middle of the night? Isn't his starring role in my dreams for several weeks- ok, let's be honest, months- enough!?
So my good friend Mariann and I will be off to a glorious evening of purchasing T-shirts, drinking hot chocolate- I know, not very vampirish- and watching Rob Pattinson do his best bring bring to life the hunky Edward I've conjured up in my head.

To top off all things Twilight-y in my life, my sweet Lucas came home last week,
kissed me, and surprised me with the Twilight Soundtrack because- in his words- "well, because it's Tuesday- and it's not often something comes around that you are obsessed with...and you are obsessed"

Now all I need is the Twilight bedroom set and a lunch box...then I'll be official right?

1 comment:

C.LEE said...

Hello! Thank you for your comment on my blog about our deck makeover. I have been trying to find a way to write you back answering the questions you had but I don't see an email for you...